Hi everyone!
Well it is finally mommy taking a stab at this blog thing. I am far from as elequent as Andrew and I will have the spelling mistakes that come with my being, but hey, why not let you know what is happening from mommy's point of view.
So, where do I start. I origonally wanted to make a blog from Josiah. It would sound something like this...
(It is me, Josiah, and I want to thank you for praying for me! I have this tube inside my mouth and I am not sure why, but I know it is ok because mommy keeps telling me so. I really hate it though. The green soother they put in my mouth is great!, it keeps me calm while I am waiting for my food to hit my tummy. Sometimes I show the nurses and mommy my mussels and the good left hook I have, I turn really red when I do this... etc.)
Anyway, I decided against this because It sounds really corny when I put it it writting. Ya know how it is, it sounds good in your head?
I am glad to tell you that Josiah had a great day! He was so cute. He was awake this morning with me and we played and talked. Then this afternoon he was awake with his grandma and grandpa Neufeld and grandpa even had him playing peek-a-boo! He responded really well. Tonight was fun because when I put him back from our cuddle he woke right up! He was awake and happy for about 40 min. We played with is soother and he figured out by the 4th time I took away the soother from him that it was a game. He got the biggest smile ever and did the baby shy look, when they turn their head to the side. I felt like the proudest parent ever. (the first time I felt this was when he opened both eyes the first time, thanks to Trina U.) He did the smile thing two more times after that! We talked alot (ok so I did all the talking) it was wonderful. There is something amazing looking into your childs eye's.
This was a huge change from yesturday. He had a really hard day. He was very fussy had to have this breathing tube suctined more than ever and two times he did something called a Brady...(this is when his heart rate drops to low and the nurses and doctors have to take action)
It was really hard on me. The first time I was ok and cried afterwards with my mom and the next time I had to walk away from the situation because I was emotionally spent. I am also the most paranoid mother around now!
Also, it was a hard day for me because I have lost a couple friends from here. It is great because there babies went home, but hard because they are not around today. It amazes me how we have developed friendships. A good friend called Jen said her grandma put it is a good way... It feels like we have gone through war together. We have really teamed together to support eachother and laugh with eachother. We talk about G tubes and brain surgery and "traeks" like it is normal! Strange hey.
With the babies going home yesturday, it was very encouraging because I know that Josiahs day will come. What a wonderful day it will be. I am very excited.
Continue to pray for a miracle. Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see, by faith they were healed. The doctors do not see to much hope for Josiah to breath on his own. They really see that he will need a "traek" I am holding onto the hope of a mother. I do have faith that God can heal Josiah so that he can breath through his mouth. I also have faith that God is good all the time and that in whatever happens this will not change. He knows the plans that He has for Josiah and Andrew and I and he will give us the stregth to endure and rejoice through it all.
As you pray for Josiah, Andrew and I please remember all the babies here. They all have their struggles and the parents are all going through the crazy emotions.
I also wanted to let you know that outside the main enterence for the general hospital there are 3 plaks saying that this building is donated to the Glory of God. Wow hey!
So, that is my stab at the blog journal. I want to say thank you to Naomi, Laura, and Ben Remple, to all the Esau's and my mom and dad for the time you took to see Josiah and talk with me. Ok this just sounded like a Grammy speech! he he.
May God bless and keep you all, may his face shine on you.
Marie =)
8 comments:
Marie:
Good job at the blog. I think Josiahs side of the story is cute and not at all corney. Keep it up. I'm asking God to breathe the breath of life into Josaih so he can breathe on his own and then shock everyone. Did you get my email yesterday?
Love Sue
Love Sue
Oh,Marie - great to hear from you on the blog - know that I'm praying for all three of yous - Andrew - the pics are great - Henry and I both send our love - laure O
THAT WAS GREAT MARIE!!! Even the part you thought corny...I liked it, but I also loved hearing from you too...it wet my eyes...I am very enthralled with your optimism too...what hope! And to GOD BE ALL GLORY that miracles DO HAPPEN in faith. Amen!
With a family kind of love,
Demara
Marie,
So good to hear from you!!!! You should post more often!! Not that I don't enjoy hearing from Andrew, of course. But I know a lot of us all wonder how mommy is doing!! You are doing such a great job with Josiah. He is so blessed to have a mommy like you who plays games with him, talks to him, and loves on him continuously. You're so awesome Marie! I love you and am hoping that maybe once I am done school I can come out and see you!!
Love your cuz, Heather
Andrew and Marie,
I am thankful for this kind of communication, as not being in Arnold anymore makes knowledge hard to come by. Our hearts and prayers are with you as you travel this journey with Josiah and the Lord. As a mother who has lost her child, I know all too well what emotions you are going through and I just encourage you to seek the Lord for your strength. It is inspiring for all of us who are watching ( or reading ). Remember that the Lord will only give you what you can bear. Stronger than you thought hey!!!
In God's Love
Darla and Steve Pauls ( Sorrento, BC )
Dear Wonderful Marie,
You are a joy to us! Your blog was a delight for my soul because it sounded just like you, and I missed being with you guys this week. But I must confess, listening to my grandson speak-- through the eyes of his mother, was a very, very sweet touch.
Thank you. Love Mom
Dearest Marie,
I've been thinking of you a lot over the past few weeks and now I get to hear from you in the blogging world! I loved your post- I hope you write another one soon! You are in my prayers and I hope to see you guys soon. I'm so proud of you Momma!
Much love,
Carla
Good to hear from mom. Still praying for your family and will add the other babies and their families as well.
Kathy (Klassen)
PS I can't spell either :)
Post a Comment