Monday, April 30, 2007

Monday Morning 9:40 AM - A Josiah Update

The ENT doctor just came in to tell us that everything went really good with the surgery. We haven't seen Josiah yet, but he'll be back soon.

We also find ourselves back in the NICU. Unfortunately, they are full to capacity in the ICU with three long-term trache cases and can't take Josiah over there. Josiah will still receive the staff and care he needs, but he needs to stay in the NICU. It's strange: we are frazzled with the move/not moving uncertainty, comforted by the fact that we are back in a familar place, yet have concern regarding the quality of care Josiah will receive outside of the unit that usually cares for these situations. But God is in control, right? At this point, it looks like Josiah will remain in the NICU for at least a month before he is transferred to the ICU, if he is transferred at all.

I hope to take a couple pictures of our man so that you can see for yourself how he is doing. Stay tuned.

Thanks for your prayers! God is faithful and near, strengthening his followers. Our future is so uncertain and daunting, so we just live day by day.
- Andrew, Marie & Josiah

1 comment:

Demara said...

Oh man!

My RSS FEEDS are so slow an updating...

this post wasn't even there...so when I left that comment just now on the post before this I thought...it's 10 and still new news?? and I thought there has to be! So I checked manually...and sure enough here it is!!! AW!

Glad to hear everything's alright...gtg visit my Mom now...check ya l8er!

And thank-you so much for YOUR prayers~