Thursday, October 27, 2011

CS Lewis Quote - What Do You Find When You Need God?


via Flickr

I read this today.

"Go to Him when your need is desperate, when all other help is vain, and what do you find? A door slammed in your face and a sound of bolting." (CS Lewis, A Grief Observed)

God.
On the other side of the door.
Present.
There. 
But inaccessible.
Distant.

He locked Himself away.
He can hear you.
You know He's there.
But you can't reach Him.

What hurts more?

The pain that sent you to God's door.
Or the pain of finding the door locked.
From the inside.

God.
He wounds.
He heals.
He promises.

But when?

"See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me.I put to death and I bring to life.
I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand."
~ Deuteronomy 32:39

 "Why, O LORD, do you stand far off?
Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?"
~ Psalm 10:1



G&P
- Andrew

No comments: