Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dad's Eulogy - Michael's Portion

Shawna posted Michael's portion of our dad's eulogy at her blog this week. You can read it in full there.

"I am so very blessed to have had a father who exemplified these characteristics, who sought God above all else, and who showed me how to be a man, husband, and father, by watching him live what he said he believed. I am thankful this was a challenge my dad succeeded in and now I have the opportunity to pass these lessons on to my kids. I find peace in knowing he is in heaven with his creator, and that I will see him again one day. During the last few days the Lord has brought me comfort by directing me to these verses: 'That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.' 2 Corinthians 4:16-18"

G&P
- Andrew

No comments: